Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Day67-RCH (Virginia's Gift)

And it's the day after and I'm reminded of a song I wrote, a gift of inspiration from someone I've more than admired, long ago, or so it seems -- yet today seems like yesterday.

Perhaps it was that pretty smile -- reminders?

Who knows.

Can I repeat yesterday?
After a shower? :)
After a shave?
Less mud and hurry?

(tomorrow was so fun, I think I'd like to try it again!) -- just being silly, obviously.

Why is a smile through a windshield of glare, rain and mist on my mind? And I've known many pretty smiles, going by many different names, but one song in particular reminds me of them all. A song I wrote some time ago.

Hmmm ... I think I'll just play the music now and think of other things.

I've been involved with Internet Forums, bickering, debating, insulting and being insulted. It's easy to get caught up in that and irritated over the horrors happening in our world that are glossed-over and relegated as 'other peoples' problems.' Well, as a race, the Human Race, the Humanity Family, that is, we need begin applying THE SOLUTION now, UniversalTheorem.

I'm just a guy, one, not many, or I'd do it myself. I was beginning to think nobody cared at all. And at that exact moment, I logged-on to a forum and found a modicum of encouragement. Sometimes a WAVE starts as a ripple and GROWS, like tidal-forces and much like LIFE.

And it would help if I'd return to a semblance of 'normality' within my writing style, eh? :)

Back to the music: "Virginia's Gift," that beautiful gift, a wonderful composition that encapsulates the essence of someone I used to know, an eternal reminder of nurture and light. There are elements that challenge the technique of the most virtuosi of pianists, if given the opportunity. A 'finger-puzzle,' if you will, within the development-section of the piece itself. The 'song' itself is beautifully simple -- it's the development of that, exactly, where challenges are to be found, to encourage and inspire. This includes hand-crossing at high velocity -- not 'some' -- lots. A blur or 'flutter' that is visually appealling, too. And I've never actually finished it -- intentionally -- because these things are timeless and endless.

And that is where sharing music, even if not well-rehearsed, is more important than listening to doctored recordings, 'fake-perfections,' or rather 'confections.' Much like love. Formula's may be 'cute' -- but the real thing does not require cards, nor holidays and is infinitely more rewarding. And sharing music is free ... just like LIFE.

No comments: